Short-Term & Traditional Property Manager
Looking to join a fast-growing and forward-thinking company?
Propolis, a developer-operator of small multifamily properties in the urban core of Miami, FL, is seeking a highly motivated Property Manager to join our team. At Propolis, we operate our buildings in a unique way, blending coliving (rent-by-the-bedroom), traditional long term leases, and short term rentals.
Our goal is to help solve the affordability crisis by building and managing efficient, aspirational apartments in centrally-located, walkable areas. Our apartments are all fully-furnished, and have flexible leases and utilities included.
The ideal candidate will have traditional property management experience, plus hospitality and/or short-term rental experience. They are passionate about creating an exceptional living experience for our residents and guests.
If you are a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who is passionate about creating an exceptional living experience for residents and guests, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!
NOTE: This is not a huge corporate environment, where the PM is just a cog in the wheel. This is a hardworking tight-knit team, dedicated to innovating in a sector that is typically business-as-usual. If you are looking to join a large, compartmentalized behemoth with layers of approvals, Propolis is not for you. If you are looking to join a bootstrappy startup with a proven model, we encourage you to apply and join Propolis.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the property, including leasing, rent collection, maintenance, and resident relations
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to attract new residents and maintain high occupancy levels
- Coordinate the creation of marketing materials, process renter applications, and execute leases with prospective residents
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing the property
- Manage vendor relationships and oversee maintenance projects to ensure timely completion and quality work
- Respond promptly and professionally to resident & guest inquiries, concerns, and requests
- Maintain accurate records of property activity and generate regular reports for management
- Inspect property regularly to ensure it is in good condition
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to enhance the resident & guest experience and streamline operations
- Participate in budget preparation and monitoring to ensure the property operates within financial goals
- Record expenses and income associated with the properties
- Coordinate with the Propolis team to ensure that the property is in compliance with company standards and objectives
- Develop processes for handling emergency situations such as tenant lockouts or utility outages.
- Oversee the offshore Guest Relations team, which handles short-term guest communication to ensure a positive experience.
- List the property on short-term rental property management software and manage listings across various OTAs (i.e. Airbnb, Booking, Expedia).
- Coordinate cleaning and maintenance services in between guests to ensure the property is clean, well-maintained, and ready for new guests.
- Setting and adjusting rental rates based on market demand, seasonality, and other factors to maximize occupancy and revenue.
- Managing guest reviews and ratings on the short-term rental platforms.
- At least 2 years of experience in property management, preferably with some experience in a hospitality and/or short-term rental setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with residents, vendors, and team members
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and make sound decisions
- Proficiency in property management software, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Tech savvy
- Fast learner
- Knowledge of Fair Housing laws and regulations
- A commitment to providing exceptional customer service and creating a positive living experience for residents
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health benefits
- Attractive stock options package
Propolis is a vertically-integrated real estate development and property management firm specializing in efficient high density, mid-rise (3-5 stories) residential buildings. The company develops aspirational but attainable housing on infill lots in urban centers with the goal of being best in class. Propolis is completing its fourth building by end of year and has over 10 projects in different phases of development. The company is primed for accelerated growth.
The company uses a unique hybrid residential-hospitality operational model that includes coliving, micro-units, traditional long-term leasing and short-term rentals. All our apartments are super efficient and come fully-furnished (with utilities included), so they appeal to young professionals, who save an average of $200-300/month versus renting a studio in the area. On the flip side, our investors benefit from increased returns that are nearly unheard of in prime real estate markets.
Propolis was prominently featured in Florida Trend‘s October 2020 issue about how small multifamily developers are solving Florida’s affordable housing crisis. The company is expanding fast and is hiring for various construction jobs in Miami. Come join the team and be part of the growth.